Monday 31 August 2015

Thing 11: Reflective Practice (once again)

Dude, how did I fall so far behind? Work hasn't even been THAT busy, though it's mega stressful with work so motivation is something I'm lacking a lot of.


I can safely say that most of the new stuff I haven't done before is done, pinterest and podcasting included, but I do need to get back to doing my screencast. This is something I would have long done on some lunchbreak, but technology is lacking, ie JAVA. Home life has also been quite busy with a new housemate and all the adjustments that brings so therefore I will let go on a little while this evening at home to download the appropriate software and get that box ticked! though it wouldn't be the first time I've said 'this evening, i'll do it this evening'. If I put a reminder on my phone it will make it more likely.


I have to say, I'm good at time management with work, but when it comes to extra-curriculars I'm not taking into account how courses like this might eat into my chill at home time. Knowing myself, I know that I won't do this kind of thing after work because i'll be beat, but also are reluctant to give up weekend time. Therefore, now is a good time to re-evaluate when I will have time to do courses like these now that that summer slump is slipping through my fingers at work. Or at least prioritise which courses I can and cannot fit into my schedule.  I work better when I ease into the Monday morning, so this is when I will do this course, except of course once term time hits when Monday mornings will be a busy time with students. I will re-evaluate once that happens in about two weeks.


Today: thing 11 and 12
Tomorrow:Thing 13 and 14




Thankfully, these two weeks are the time when the catch-up time is so I should be able to catch up if I do a couple of bits today and tomorrow to ease me into the week. It would be best to catch up now, before I really have to think about the college's big move across the quays....

No comments:

Post a Comment