Tuesday 18 August 2015

Thing 10: Live streaming

Another term that strikes terror in my heart. Video I can handle because I can edit it. Livestreaming is something else. In a way Google hangouts is livestreaming for the people involves so I will take the step to take part in the next one of those.

That said livestreaming can be a video of something happening, rather than you sitting in front of a camera chatting live.
Any of the three uses below from the blog give me ideas:
  • To allow people to view a conference that they cannot attend in person. 
  • To showcase or demonstrate a new product or service - a tour of a new library department for example. 
  • To allow customers to interact with the broadcaster such as in an 'Ask a Librarian' session. 


  • Ideas, however, are time consuming and may be introduced with time.


    I will return to this post once I have set up/filmed something. I have enabled live streaming on my youtube.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment