Tuesday 28 July 2015

Thing 5: Social Networks

By golly, I fell behind fast! Hoping to catch up today - wish me luck!
This post concerns Facebook and Twitter, two sites I know a fair bit about and use a lot.


FACEBOOK:
But  I don't really use Facebook for career stuff.for career stuff, Given, I used it once or twice to research people before interviews and I keep it looking as embarrassment free as possible. That said I don't mind the odd picture of me out on there because what kind of employee would I be if I stayed in every weekend watching Netflix? My profile is super-private anyway and my profile picture is never drunken. My facebook profile is used to keep in touch but also keep up with news as I don't often feel like watching or reading serious or depressing current affairs stuff after work. To some extend I'm signed up to groups and have liked pages, including professional ones, but I mainly use LinkedIn for that as it's easier to get updates and not overloading your brain all the time when you're chilling out. I will however take the advice of the module and sign up for more. I am already like the ALA and CILIP.


TWITTER:
Twitter I use more actively in the library field as I often use it to post interesting articles I find online. I don't use the feed as often as I should as loading it up can crash my phone, but I will attempt to use this more. Hopefully showing my interest in Open Access and other areas on my own profile will help me get noticed.
I follow quite a few people but I will work on following more and adding what I have already to lists.
I'm a bit too cautious with my twitter and don't have that many followers. It's kind of my private space but I will work on making this a more career friendly social network.
Definitely want to try out chats and hastags that aren't fandom related :P

No comments:

Post a Comment