Monday 13 July 2015

Thing 3 - My Professional Brand

Phew! When I read the title I thought I was going to have to brainstorm ideas of how to professionally brand the library or something and I have nearly no experience of Marketing (my other blog doesn't really count because it was teen-bopy we all fancy the boys of Potter-like marketing).


I have the majority of the things on the list already done. I was encouraged to create and beef up a LinkedIn account at a professional development seminar at the LAI an age ago and I've been trying to keep my LinkedIn account with a recent professional photo and all the recent MOOCs etc I've been taking. I even was already signed up to the groups mentioned excepting Rudai 23!


Thankfully my name doesn't vary anywhere and my Google results are quite good. My Facebook profile is so security crazy it doesn't even show up. Even if it did though, its nothing mortifying I don't think. I just pray that Bebo did really delete all the accounts when it was sold because like every 20-something, we used it in our tweens and it was mortifying in a different look-at-me-pose way.


The only thing I haven't really worked on in my summary - I think it gets across that I love customer service and enjoy helping people with their digital literacy, but I would appreciate comments on my profile in general - https://ie.linkedin.com/pub/niamh-ennis/56/134/831 . That said, I'm so security crazy that everything might not show up. I'm pretty sure it shows non-connections my intern position at IBAT as my current job.


I haven't an about me profile, but I'll consider creating one if it helps my professional brand.



No comments:

Post a Comment